Friday, June 11, 2010

I am itching...

Itching to do stuff!  I am sitting here, where I have to be for the next 4 hours, and just below the surface, my body is crawling with the need to get up and go!  Ever have that happen?  There are days I feel like I am 5.  That perfect age where the world is still this amazing, vast place.  Where the smoky wisps of adventure curl like vines around me and tap on my shoulder, only to disappear behind the nearest tree when I turn around.  Creativity hangs in this place, fills the air and my head with ideas, with people (human and not) that are waiting  until I am capable of channeling their likeness into some sort of media.

 I have had that feeling since I was a child, like things are eagerly babbling amongst themselves inside my head, though I am just starting to realize that.  They watch for the day when I am 'good enough' to give them a life outside of my mind.  Sometimes they are pushier - like now - and I physically feel them jostling inside me, jockeying to see where we are, where we are going, what we are doing.  (Why I am not honing...Like I said - pushy.)

The above was somewhat difficult, yet freeing, to put out into the world.  I put faces on emotions, opinions and mischievous thoughts that turn them into something I can recognize and observe and maybe even hope to understand.  And I am willing to bet that some would call that crazy, but I am also willing to bet that I am not alone.  I like that this world is opening to me more and more as I embrace and nurture it.

The urge to explain keeps burbling to the surface.  Say here that I am not crazy and this is just my artistic voicing of the processes in my head.  I would say I do not care what people think, but that is not entirely accurate.  Truthfully, it thrills me when people say I am weird.  What a wonderful, wonderful compliment!  I am not what one of my dearest friends would call 'sheeple'.  My definitions fall outside of the grayier gray of normal.  I see things differently. 
Does that sound like a bad thing?

And exploring art has sort of given me this.  What beautiful, wonderful therapy!

Have a really great day and get out there and explore your world!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post.
    Thank you for putting it in to words.
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete