Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lightbulb moments...

I has them!  Last night I was sculpting hands - really I have been doing that for a couple of days - but I was getting frustrated.  My hands didn't look like (insert any number of artist's names here)'s.  Duh.  Not that they didn't look like hands or even look like decent hands.  Because they did, and they were - until all the moonies showed up in the bake! 

Then it dawns on me:  Isn't that the point?  My own style??  Shouldn't that be more what I am striving for than anything else?? 

Yep! 

It should be. 

It is

So!  I think the rest of the week will be hands.  I do enjoy making the fingers and the exercise is designed to work on the presentation and anatomy of hands in general...  Whee!  More spooky disembodies hands....

No comments:

Post a Comment